Tuesday, May 26, 2009

With the end of May, comes June and summer, so I've decided to review a book in a genre slightly different from what I'm used to writing about...

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffen - this is what I would categorize as 'chick lit.' On the eve of her 30th birthday Rachel is thrown a 'surprise' birthday party by her best friend - the stunning, Darcy. Her entire life, Rachel has been one upped by Darcy, who has everything - model looks, hot body, hot men, and the greatest, and undeserved, luck. After the party, in which Darcy proceeded to steal her spotlight, Rachel sleeps with Darcy's fiance. A total mistake, as they were both drunk and things got a little out of hand. What starts out as a one time event becomes something more and so begins a story of friendship, love, and the sacrifices and chances one is willing to make in order to reach real happiness. Perfect for a summer read, and as I've read it a couple of times, pretty entertaining. Every one of my friend's to whom I've lent this book loves it and relate to the main character and her struggles (hello, ladies, have we not all had our own Darcy? I think so...). It's also a super quick read so it's great for an afternoon at the park or lounging around on the beach.

**** 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment